Muldoon, Texas is located in Fayette County on Farm Road 154. Muldoon was named after Father Michael Muldoon, the only non-Hispanic member of the Monterrey, Mexico Diocese, who was assigned to Stephen F. Austin’s colony. Father Muldoon was very pro-Texan and had bought the land the town sits on before back in 1831. Sometime after 1842 Father Muldoon disappeared. Thomas Borden surveyed the 48,000 acres that Father Muldoon owned after Gail Borden, who is famous for inventing condensed milk, brokered the change of ownership of the town. Throughout history, Muldoon never saw more than 200 residents at any given time.