D'Hanis, Texas is located in Medina County on Parkers Creek at the intersection of U.S. Highway 90, Farm Roads 1796 & 2200. In 1847, 29 Alsatian families arrived to settle D'Hanis. Each family was provided a 20 acre farm and a town lot. As the town grew, European-style rock homes were built and a post office opened up. When the railroad came to the area in 1881 the tracks were built a mile to the west and the town moved that direction.