Sell Your Old Gear
Part of getting into film photography requires trying new things and finding what works best for you. There's no one best camera or perfect lens out there. You're going to read a ton of reviews while researching what to buy and chances are you might not get the results that you were expecting. So that bad ass new-to-you camera might end up towards the back of your shelf collecting dust for a while.
So what do you do with all that dusty gear that clutters your shelf?
Do what I did and sell your old gear to KEH.
Old Sad Songs is an affiliate with KEH - for a few really good reasons.
KEH is the best when it comes to buying used gear because:
- People like you sell KEH their cared-for gear that they stopped using.
- KEH's grading system tends to err on the side of caution, meaning that they grade gear to a higher standard than basically anywhere else and they are very conservative about saying something is in Like New or Excellent condition.
- KEH stands behind their sales with a 180 day warranty and a 14 day return policy.
Why is all this important? Because you want your old gear to go to a nice new home!
Your old gear deserves a new home and to be freed from the clutches of the evil dust bunnies.
Here's how easy it is to sell to KEH:
- Get a quote online.
- Pack a box with your gear and include a printout of your quote.
- Print the prepaid FedEx shipping label.
- Drop off your box at FedEx - or if your quote is over $300, KEH will arrange to have FedEx pickup your old gear from your front door.
Selling to KEH takes a lot of the frustration of playing phone tag with someone that reached out to you after seeing your post on Craigslist. You also don't have to wait a week for an auction to end on eBay only to have to re-list your item again. The best part is that KEH can expedite your payment and pay you using PayPal or they can just mail you a check.
Click here to learn more about selling to KEH.
I've had so many great experiences buying from and selling to KEH that I actually reached out to them about becoming an affiliate just so I can get you guys up to 20% off regular priced used photography equipment.
In future a blog post we'll dive deeper into how to buy used gear with confidence.
Did you find this content informative or entertaining? Please consider buying a print or sponsoring a roll of film to say thanks. Your support makes it possible to for us to create more content to share with you.